This Policy has been adopted by The Kogarah Storehouse in order to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act No 155 of 2000. The Policy should be read together with the 10 National Privacy Principles (NPPs) set our in the Privacy Act, relating to the collection, use and storage of personal information.
- The Kogarah Storehouse will only use personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected. Individuals will be informed of the purpose for which the information is being collected. These purposes will relate to the spiritual, pastoral, social, educational and administrative functions of The Kogarah Storehouse to enable the provision of the services and activities included above.
- The Kogarah Storehouse will only use personal information about an individual for a secondary purpose if that individual has consented or the use is otherwise permitted by the NPPSs. Where personal information is used in a secondary manner for fundraising purposes, The Kogarah Storehouse will provide the opportunity for the individual to opt out of such communications in the future.
- The Kogarah Storehouse will take all reasonable steps to keep personal information secure and will, subject to the NPPSs, comply with a request from a person to access, correct or remove their information. The Kogarah Storehouse will also ensure that where individuals wish to remain anonymous, the request will be complied with as far as it is practical and legal to do so or as required by a government agency.
- Personal information collected by The Kogarah Storehouse may be sensitive information for the purpose of the NPPs (eg. information about a person's religious beliefs). As a non-profit organsiation, The Kogarah Storehouse is permitted to collect sensitive information without a person's express consent. However, The Kogarah Storehouse will endeavour to seek consent from a person if sensitive information is sought for something other than the primary functions of The Kogarah Storehouse described in paragraph 1.
- The Kogarah Storehouse collects information in a variety of ways for the purposes referred to above. Where or if The Kogarah Storehouse engages an external organisation to assist in achieving it purposes, The Kogarah Storehouse will ensure that the external organisation will only use the personal information collected in line with this policy and the NPPSs.
The Kogarah Storehouse' operating procedures will comply with the policy and the NPPs. Please address any enquiries in relation to this policy to:
The Executive Director
The Kogarah Storehouse
P.O. Box 67
KOGARAH. NSW 1485